View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 PM
grammy Dwynn

I have a Janome 11000(SE), it works great. The 11000 is a Embroidery machine and it has the ability to quilt, but I have not used that feature, yet. I just upgraded it to a SE (the quilting ability) and it does have a learning curve. So for now I use my Janome 6500 to do my quilting.

Quilting your quilts can be done on (almost) any machine. The KEY is practice, practice and then practice some more. I have been quilting since '03 and am just now feeling comfortable with my quilting abilities. AND it's still not prefect. What I did was to sandwich together some scrap fabrics. Friends find out your a quilter and they insist on giving you fabrics that you wouldn't really use in a quilt, well that's what I use to practice, practice... I still 'warm up' on those scrap sandwich's.

If your checking about pricing on line you will not find it. And you won't get it over the phone, either. My local dealer said that Janome doesn't allow pricing that way. You will need to visit a dealer in your area. I will admit that mine had a nice sale going when I purchased mine. BUT, to conveniece hubby that I needed it, I was my b-day, anniversary, and Xmas present for a few years. :wink:

Good luck