View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:22 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by draggin_behind View Post
Hmmm. I can see both sides of that fence. It might be that the puffy look was what she wanted. Or it might be she did not know better.

As a still very-new-to-quilting person, if I'm screwing something up (frequent occurrence), I would appreciate the head's up IF it came from a friend and was nicely framed. Something to the effect of I love the colors, blah blah blah, but you know how you could really improve the next one you make? Try to do thus and such and see how you like the method I use.

If you have a lovable quilt group, invite her to test the waters. If not, be a mentor & quilting buddy.

As I have been told, non-quilters generally think things are lovely even when the points don't match and the stitching is less than perfect. I know in painting, I may do something that looks like it's destined for the dumpster only to have a non-painter think it's totally awesome. She did the best she knew how and it came from the heart. If it doesn't fall apart in the wash, it's a winner.
Too funny!

I probably wouldn't give her advice unless she asked. Except that as a table runner, is it possible that someone will want to put something on it like a vase, etc? and it might be too puffy?

However...I think like you...a nonsewer/quilter will probably LOVE it.