View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:22 AM
applique

I also sell on consignment 60/40 split. I love the challenge and fun of creating and I am usually looking for replacement costs to fund more quilts. For me it is a lot like being a painter or photographer who is satisfying the need to create regardless of the monetary returns. I do, however, get an appraisal which goes with the quilt so the new owner has an idea as to how much the quilt is really worth. Appraisals on my quilts range from $900 to $1250 and no one is willing to pay that amount! I no longer donate to charities because the quilts were always diverted along the way. I would give a small wall hanging as a door prize for example and it would never be given out. Our guild guidelines even say that members can take fabric etc. from the charity table as long as it is replaced with a quilt or other fabric. The LQS fabric is taken and replaced with WalMart fabric! Since I make them I decide what to do with them especially since my children have said they have enough (and use them to cover the furniture to protect it from the pets). Life and people sure are interesting!!

Last edited by applique; 10-22-2012 at 04:35 AM.