Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 AM
nanna-up-north

Okay, I've got a question for all of you. We are heading back to Southern Michigan next week and I've bought 4 sewing machines this summer that I'm taking back south with me (well, 5 actually, but I already took one back). Each one is in a case and I'll have to put them in the trailer cause Gus rides in the back seat and the topper isn't water-tight. Anyway, I was thinking that I'd put each one in a separate box, sitting on a blanket for cushioning and I'll probably surround each one with packing peanuts. Is there more that I need to do to make sure they travel safely. I'm going to have to work on every one when I get them home but I don't want anything to happen to them in transit.

Also, I'm going to leave one of my FWs here and we winterize the cabin but is there something I should do (more that oil it well) to protect it from freezing up this winter. It's the only machine I've used all summer and I don't want to move it back and forth.... it will be my summer machine. If you all think this is a bad idea, I'll move it, too.... but we already pull a trailer back and forth and I get a lot of grief about the amount of quilting stuff I cart from here to there and back again.

So, let me know, okay?