Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
rainagade

Originally Posted by amh View Post

My mind reverted back to when I sewed garmets and it is similar to putting in a sleeve. For me, I had to get the paper off before it would work for me, but I starched it well and used the stay stitching technique suggested earlier, and pinned it with lots of pins.

amh
Garment sewing; yes, I have to admit that I did take the paper off to complete the the curved piece. It was self defense I think. i knew it had to fit so I went back to the basics, something I knew that worked.

I will keep trying to get some curved seams by PP'ing as I go along. I remind myself that I want this years project to be a "challenge".

The other thing I am going to do is: Pre-cut all my outer pieces so that's done. I am using all the same dark plum fabric for this.

I struggled with fabrics for a while. What has to match, what can be scrappy.... if I did scrappy the colors would balance when the block went together. Think kaleidoscope and I moved past trying to organize colors.

I will pick up more fabrics from the Kansas Troubles line. I am thinking 1/4 yard of ones I like. I have a cathedral windows type of blocks I am doing mostly by hand using the same fabrics.

Now, where did my rainy days go?