Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
Hahaha. Well my boyfriend gifted me for my a birthday a singer organizer that has room for several large spools of threads, little spools, pins, bobbins, etc. I managed to fit some other things in there and then I have a small makeup train case I picked up at goodwill for like 3 bucks with mY rotary cutters, more pins, needles and stuff like that. so far most of the machines have their own "goody bags" easily kept with the machine. I don't know whether to keep it like or get another box and label different compartments for each machine part.
I keep a couple of different boxes. I have my sewing organizer that holds the "non-machine specific" things - thread, needles, etc. I have a tackle box that holds electrical things, bits of motors, wick, carbon disks, etc. Then there's an organizer that holds all the other parts - homeless feet, screws, bobbins, needle plates, cabinet parts and whatnots.

Most of my machines also have a box beside them with their specific parts, like Miriam describes.

It all totally depends on how your mind works. The best organization scheme is the one you will get behind and use.
Mine is an ongoing project. I add or subtract machines and stuff, and things get rearranged. I sold 4 machines (and taught 2.5 people to sew!) this weekend, and now I'm rearranging again to get it efficient in my sewing room again.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
We should do a new whole thread on pics of our tool boxes some time... I picked up a big tall metal box from GW - it has a bunch of drawers and then a file box at the top - I put manuals up there. I just love it - I wish I had the money to buy the other one at the time.

I keep a kit by each machine too - when I sell a machine I try to put a kit with it.
Yeah! I could use some new tool ideas