Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Monroe

Packing peanuts aren't very useful for cushioning sewing machines in transit because they can shift. To save space pad inside the case with clothes and towels. Cover the machine first with an old pillowcase to avoid oil staining. A plastic bag might damage the finish. I agree with taking your FW back home. You can find moisture absorbing crystals in craft and garden stores. They are used for holding water in potting soil and dehydrating flowers. Check local stores- many packets are inside purses, shoes, and luggage shipments and just tossed when unpacking merchandise.

[QUOTE=nanna-up-north;5603263]Okay, I've got a question for all of you. We are heading back to Southern Michigan next week and I've bought 4 sewing machines this summer that I'm taking back south with me (well, 5 actually, but I already took one back). Each one is in a case and I'll have to put them in the trailer cause Gus rides in the back seat and the topper isn't water-tight. Anyway, I was thinking that I'd put each one in a separate box, sitting on a blanket for cushioning and I'll probably surround each one with packing peanuts.