View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
ZugZug

We bought our house two years ago. approx 6 months after moving in, I pulled out the carpet in my sewing room and put in laminate flooring. My sewing room is on the second floor. I chose the laminate because we knew we would one day sell the house (which we are trying to do now) then need to replace the laminate back with carpet. We realized that carpet "sells" better since the room is really a bedroom. I love my laminate. I did it myself, it took me approx 1 day and was relativly inexpensive. However, If you pull up the carpet and find hard woods, i would strongly recommend refinishing those if they are in goodshape. I like my "hard surface flooring" because not only do pins not get stuck in the carpet, but it is relativly easy to clean. I just swirl a dust mop over it and then use a vacuum to get up the bits left behind. If you are worried about noise or warmth, a couple of small area rugs or mats work wonders, and are easy to clean/shake out. Also we have pets (dogs) and I hate how carpet holds onto fur. Even with vacuuming every day I can usually get a canister of fur...its unreal how much dirt and stuff carpet holds onto.

Last edited by ZugZug; 10-22-2012 at 01:25 PM.