View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Sparkling Lake

Default Introducing myself

Hi everyone. I am a new quilter. I just started 2-3 months ago. Lost track already! I have been making placemats because I wasn't sure if I would finish anything bigger. Have been making squares of patterns I have found. I graduated to a lap robe the other day but found out I still want to make new patterns. I already have the quilter's brain. I go to sleep at night thinking about what I want to do next and find myself at the fabric shop whenever possible. I just retired in December and have wanted to quilt for a long time. So I can now check off another hobby I want to do. On my list of things I wanted to do when I retired are learning the banjo, riding my motorcycle much more, gardening, getting to know my neighbors better, start to exercise by lap swimming (I actually have developed muscles!), start my jewelry business again so that I can sell on Etsy. But that is one the back burner for now because I have been having so much fun doing the other items on my list. I am glad I found this site. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love to read the comments and look at the pictures of the quilts people are making. Reading this site has made me feel connected to others who enjoy quilting too. Thanks for that. Looking forward to being involved w/ this site. Hope everyone is having a good day.