Old 10-22-2012, 05:08 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
I feel like I have just received letters from family who live "up north".
This is how I feel often about this thread!! Seems we all sort of come and go but we always find our way back here...it's nice to sort of have, "old friends" to come back and keep up with. Even when life gets in the way and I don't find time to keep up, I look forward to popping back in and see what everyone's been up to.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Yes I sneaked in a pic. We went camping at Red River Meeting House in southern KY last weekend. Weather was nice. We saw some old friends. It was a historical camp. Red River Meeting was at the site of the Second Great Awakening in the US. So they also had some history lessons and some preaching. Both were very interesting. There was a lot of history there. We were dressed for the occasion. I made the clothes we were wearing.

DGS has been trying to eat things he shouldn't so Mommy is taking him to the Dr for some blood tests tomorrow. That should go over big. Poor Wilbur is always in trouble. His little brother is almost one year old. He can snatch food (actual food - well other stuff) right out of thin air and stuff his mouth. Since SIL is part Micmac the GKs all have a native name. Miss M has been telling everybody Walter's Knick Knack (micmac) name is Many Hands.

Well we tried to build a frame for a Singer 99 out of 2 X 4s just to get her off the table - some how it ended up warped. It fit in there ok but it sure does rock. I guess we are going to have to break down and buy some wood... do it right...

My son is doing ok - just sore. The driver of the other car was very drunk. He has insurance - YIPPIE!!!
Would love to see better pictures of the clothes you made Miriam. Sounds like a fun trip. I'm a big history nerd but the Husband, not so much. His passion is baseball. We come together when it comes to old things though. That I think is why we get along so well.

So very glad to hear all is well with your son and that the other guy had insurance! Could have been much worse.