Old 10-23-2012, 05:41 AM
carslo

Yes pplease! Do a tutorial on this method. I am sure that many of us are interested and just need a bit of help visually to try it. I am sorry that some folks are being nay sayers but maybe of us want to say "yeah" it works

Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
I have basted my last 5 quilts with Elmers School glue and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use my dinning room table to lay out my backing, batting and top. I pin down the center from left to right
to give me a 'fold point'. I thin drizzle on my glue about 12-18" at a time, smooth down my top, and proceed on.
Both my top and backing are as soon as glass when I am done. I do NOT get any puckers any where at all.
I usually allow the glue to dry 24 hours as I don't want to be bothered with the iron, and then FMQ the top. I do not get any build up on my needle, I do not encounter any 'bumps' that are hard to stitch on.....and everything stays in perfect place during quilting NOTHING MOVES at all.....Glue is super cheap at like $1.25 for a good size bottle and you can do 1-3 quilts per bottle, pending quilt size. I do not have to worry about overspray or fumes in my house.
I do have pictures taken to do a tute but have not taken the time to do so as everyone have been do critical of late here.