View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Caroline S

Default Update to Lydia

Ooooh she is such a pretty girl! I have decided that her name will be Naughty Lydia. She has spent quite a bit of time under the sewing table in "time out". I took her out of "time out" a couple of days ago in order to see if she had changed her ways. Well, she has changed a little bit. Sews a very nice top stitch but the bottom stitch is loopy although not as bad as in the beginning. Tension issues, AAAARGG! Looks like more "time out" time until I have time to further my Necchi fixit skills. I received the repro instruction manual and did discover that the flat base of the machine slides out so she can be used as a free arm machine. Cool! Also, there is a switch on the back that drops the feed dogs. Another cool! And she has a a built in needle threader. Way too cool! It pays to read the manual completely front to back, LOL.

Also a picture of the cracked cam shaft. Not as bad as Kittywolf's but not worth the time, effort and $$ to fix.

Attached Thumbnails lydia-001.jpg   lydia-002.jpg   lydia-005.jpg   lydia-006.jpg   necchi-544-adler-treadle-001.jpg  

Last edited by Caroline S; 10-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.