View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
NJ Quilter

Here's my experience with that particular employment field. I took the MCSE (microsoft certified systems engineer) from a brick & mortar school but similar to that which you are looking online. I am not degreed. Don't know about the employment status in Canada, but here in the US, especially in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, the bottom mostly dropped out of the IT market from an employment perspective after 9/11. I, of course, completed my program weeks after 9/11. School was supposed to help with employment. That didn't happen. Because of our proximity to NYC, there were far too many tech types that were forced to work for salaries far, far less than they had been being paid in NY. The closest I was ever able to get to a computer-related position was a phone tech support and that was as a contractor. Most all computer tech positions are now (at least here in the states) are being relegated to 'call centers'. If that is the type position and environment you want to work in; the school checks out; you can afford it; the job market is there, then go for it. But I would check out the employability of the certification before spending lots of $$. Good luck.