Thread: I want this?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
quilttiger

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I have almost decided to get this frame: http://www.graceframe.com/site/machi...quilting-frame

I have the Brother 1500 machine and I think it will be a good beginner set up. Not much money invested if I find I not cut out to be a long armer. LOL. If anyone has any first hand knowledge of this frame I would like to hear pros and cons.
I meant to address this earlier...I have the Grace Majestic frame. It is well made and there is no way the rails will bend in the middle. It is capable of handling machines with throats ranging from 9 to 18 inches. It handles projects all the way up to king size. It does take a while to assemble the frame and it is really a two-person job in terms of interpreting the instructions and the DVD. There was a problem in turning the rails for some reason. The Grace Company was contacted, and the rep graciously sent us replacement parts right away. After that, the rails rolled like a dream. Putting the leaders on is very simple. The only negative as far as I am concerned are the clamps...they were too heavy for my taste. I ordered a pair of Feather Light clamps from www.quiltshop.us, size 15.5 inches. They just arrived today. I used smaller ones on my old set up and they are great to use. Hope this helps.