Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 PM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Does anyone know how Texas Jan is doing - how her husband is doing?

Glenn?

Nancy
Thanks for asking about me!! Glenn is right, we are doing ok for now. Dick has his last chemo tomorrow for leukemia. His bone marrow won't take any more. He has had chemo for lymphoma that went to his bone marrow in 2010 and now two different chemo drugs for the leukemia, starting in June 2012. He has been hospitalized over 2 months of the past 5 months. He also had to have a heart procedure last week for an electrical heart problem. Now he is off most of the heart medicines he is feeling much better than he has in several months. Anyway he has one more month that the chemo will drag him down and probably put him in hospital with low blood counts and then the Dr's watch him and hope that the remission lasts a long time. I have not bought or worked on a machine since he got sick. I just don't have the time, but really don't have the patience to deal with cranky iron ladies right now. I read the Board almost every day and enjoy seeing what you all have, and I hope to be back amongst the collectors soon. Glenn has been so good to keep my spirits up and he and his wife Pat have been cheerleaders for me. Hopefully I will find a "new" normal soon.

Texas Jan