View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM
wendiq

Well Ladies, I washed and dried the smaller lap sized quilt......44x56......I washed it on a delicate cycle. I have a front loading machine and it looks like there is a lot of string stuff around the cylinder but I can't get to it. I frequently emptied the dryer lint trap and it is done. I will NEVER do one of these again. The larger one.....48x62 is going to the laundromat! Even after I removed the dried quilt, it still had to be brushed to get all the strings off of it. I think that instead of sending this to my son in Florida, that they are going to end up at the homeless shelter in the mountains. They will be very warm and I think appreciated more than in Florida. They are both made of a mountain designed flannel.....I lined each block with flannel.....very warm and rather heavy to be mailing. It has been a learning experience. Thank you, all, for your input. If my washer wasn't 10 years old, I might be more adventurous, but at this point in time, I'm going to be cautious and use the laundromat on this last one.....