Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 PM
oregongirl

i have my grandma's 66-1 treadle with back-clamp feet - the cabinet and irons are off being restored right now. it dates from 1917. until August i had a 503a Rocketeer (1961) which was the machine i made everything on. then something happened in August (i'm not sure what!!) when i found and bought another Rocketeer for my daughter. Craigslist is who we can blame for the rest.

a week or two later, i found a 1942 15-91 in a dead case for $30, a week or two after that i got another 66-16 (1927) in a beautiful queen anne style cabinet for $40. then a couple of weeks later . . . i fell in love with a centennial featherweight from 1950 and Gussie came to our house too.

it's hopeless. i found this place and with the number of machines people here have, i am just a babe at this.

oh yeah, i have my mother's 1960ish Pfaff as well, although as soon as my other daughter gets moved it'll go to her.

Joe, i have a diabetic cat as well -he's about 15 and his diabetes was caused by a tumor on his pituitary gland. he's the best cat ever - a long-haired orange maine coon. cats are just furry people, if only they lived longer.