Thread: 1970s music
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 AM
Prissnboot

Default 1970s music

What would be your favorite best and worst song(s) of the 1970s? I'm talking about music that just defines the era for you - the tunes that when you hear them, they take you back to where you were, how you were dressed, and what you were smokin (ha!) when you first heard it. My taste in music is really eclectic, so please differentiate between the good, bad, or ugly, as I'm apt to like it all!

I'm doing a mix cd for work - we're dressing 1970s for Halloween. I will name the CD "1970s - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

I'm making a sock puppet out of a knee high stocking - it will look like Cher. I'm getting a cheesy mustache and I'll be going as Sonny and Cher Energy! I see a really bad ventriloquist act in my future.....but it'll be fun! Yes, I know, Sonny & Cher were more of a 60s thing, but you couldn't have the 70s without the 60s right? And that's when their tv show was on too.

And I thought a mix cd would be fun as well.

So....songs? Ideas? So far I'm thinking:

I Will Survive (good or ugly, depends on what time of the month it is!)
Disco Duck (really ugly)
YMCA (GREAT)
American Pie (good)
Afternoon Delight
Rapper's Delite (ugly)
Play That Funky Music (I double dog DARE you not to shake your booty to this one!)
Shake your booty (good)
Stayin Alive (good)
Grease (good)
Theme from Jaws (GREAT)
Da Doo Run Run by Shaun Cassidy (cuz he was my first celebrity crush, but hey, I was 9 and it was the 70s)
Muskrat Love (ugly)

And NO CHEATING from internet searches....because most of the above came from one!

Can't wait to hear your ideas.....

Thanks,
Gina