Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Nancy I need to live in Rescue , between stray pets & sewing machines finding their way to my house...lol Seriously I am a born & raised Calif gal but currently live in Utah. I am open to any suggestions on my National hand crank situation, maybe Mizkaki will see this message and chime in. I am pretty new at all this repair stuff and yes still somewhat a chicken, afraid I will do more damage then intended...lol
Miriam I wanted to send good wishs for your son.
Have a great day Everyone.
dee
Well Dee, I do live in the perfect town for me - from rescuing sewing machines, to rescuing dogs and horses - it is a very appropriate town for me to live in!

It is always a problem to change anything on any machine, except the Singers, unless you have a donor machine. I don't have a National, so I am not familiar with that machine. I have a beautiful little New Home that I wanted to turn into a HC. It has a friction pulley motor. I wanted to get rid of that motor 2 years ago, but I have not found a New Home in bad shape with a HC I could steal. The HC's you can buy today work great on Singers, but they don't work on most of the other machine makes. If anyone can help you with the HC issue, it would be Mizkaki, Cathy!

Cathy, what can Dee do to turn her National into a HC?

Nancy