Thread: Fusible Batting
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Sierra

QuiltE, you have to "quilt" it just like any quilt, and the fusible softens and disappears and you have a normal quilt left. I like to use double sided fusible batting because it eliminate the pinning (and several hours labor). Follow the directions and do one side (all the kinds I've used let you do one side w/o steam (to make the whole thing stay together), then the other side with steam. Always start pressing in the middle (as you would if you were pinning the quit top/back on) and work outward. After that you actually do the quilting of the sandwich together.

We live in California in an area where really warm quilts are generally not needed. The thinner batting works for me, even the June Tayor double sided which doesn't seem all that even, but never seems to leave any noticible thin spots. My family started asking for less dense quilts early on so the kids (and themselves) could use them year around.

Mke sure you get double-sided, if that is what you want! I always wash my quilts before gifting them anyway, so it all works for me! Enjoy!

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
A question about the fusible batting .....
..... after it is washed, does it stay fused?
or does it wash away?

Last edited by Sierra; 10-24-2012 at 09:10 AM.