View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:32 AM
damaquilts

Default Saga of starting to FMQ or not

Soo.. I get up this morning with one thing on my mind. I am going to finally quilt MY bed quilt today. Go to get thread, hmmm out of the right color so off to Joanns,of course no sale and no coupon. The color that matches the back, small spools only, For the front, different dye lot. SIGH!! get new dye lot for front and back. Ok now to decide What I am going to quilt. Been thinking about it and designing different block patterns, trying to figure out how I am going to do stitch in the ditch in one line. THats not happening. Start cleaning things up from the swap I am working on and Smash my 4th toe on the leg of the ironing board. OUCH!!!!! It is swelling and it hurts when I try to walk on it. OK Suck it up.
Finally decided to do a vine pattern up the whole thing. Now I just need to draw it out and decide how to mark the quilt. I think I am going to use the stitch through the paper method. So I need to mark 6 lengths of paper. And that's ALL before I even wind a bobbin. LOL . Maybe tomorrow.
The quilt I am doing is the Garden Trellis .. you can just barely see where I have marked the paper , I also have a flower and a leaf in there to fill in space. I hope its going to be enough quilting. Then I need to figure out how to quilt the border.
Attached Thumbnails 20121024_8.jpg