Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
QE, I have one of the earlier and cheaper Kindles. It's only for reading books--no flash or pizzazz. That's what I wanted it for --just to read books. There are so many sites with free downloads that I've only purchased a couple (I sound cheap but let's say frugal). You can adjust the font size so my senior eyes have no trouble. I take it everywhere, fits in my purse. I like Dublb's term: bookaholic. That's me!
For any of you that have a Kindle, try www.pixelofink.com. Tons of free books in all genres.
Pardon my ignorance here ... what else would it be for, other than reading books?
Definitely not cheap ... frugality only allows for more FARTs!
BTW how is that darling DGS?

Visibility is a concern for me ... with my vision problems, I just am not sure if my eyes would like it!
Sure wish there was a way to take one for a test drive ... like for a week?

DublB ... biggest as in screen size, I take it? so how small do they come? and how large is the biggest?

Once again, it proves I need a "kid" to take care of any geek-needs that I have!!

OK ... so while our $$s are different ... what price are these different e-Readers?
(thinking if I buy it and don't get onto it ... how much am I out?)

And in that same vein ... are there e-Reader functions on all the different portable computers?
(Frugality coming thru thinking ... spend more, have more value and variables as to how it can be used)