Thread: Hair removal
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Jo Anne B.

I appreciate the openness of this topic, I have been battling this for years and yes, it is getting worse with age. I find it to be sooo... embarrassing...
I use Rx vaniqa, saw the commercial on TV, it does work quite well, my esthitician(sp?) has even recommended it to others. It is expensive, insurance does not cover, the price(Sam's Club) has come down the past year from $98 range to $78. Plus side... the tube lasts quite awhile.
I have tried over the counter products without much success, and do rely on a monthly professional waxing appointment to stay on top of the strays. I couldn't function without this product or services.
I have always been so mystified as to why I am so plagued with this major inconvenience and so many women have flawless faces. My mother has never had this for a problem, my sister has a small upper lip 'stache that she bleaches and she is good to go.
I have even invested in the laser hair removal 9 yrs ago and that works well, but is still a temporary fix, does not last forever, but it still is greatly improved.
The pain involved in waxing, is good pain, I like it! It does subdue thru the years.
I had an experience with a esthiatician(sp again) that took it upon herself to determine if I have thick, dark eyebrows, I must have thick dark hair in other locations, so she took it upon herself to sell me waxing in these other locations. i was so peeved, I announced as I was paying to leave "to never appt me with that employee again".
I found it to be so intrusive to discuss such things with a total stranger and for her to rely on her assumptions. Needless to say she didn't last long there.
But you all are not my strangers.
Just think of all the fabric I could have purchased with dollars spent on hair removal...
It is a nice to know...I am not the only one that battles this ugly inconvenience, I have been the only one that I know of who has to battle this to this extreme. Or, most women like me are not going to openly discuss this??