View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 AM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
So question people, I want to make a chicken themed jacket for show competition next year. The back will have a large quilted in varigated bright thread on a deep blue batik fabric, how would you and what kind of embroidery designs would you place on the front or do you think that would coordinate. Just asking. I found some roosters on Nancy Notions, Barnyard Chickens, and they are very pretty. I do not want to invest in them if the idea does not go well together. I was thinking on the front would stitch designs on a light blue batik, set them on point with the dark blue so they stand out as diamonds going down front panels. Then could do them in diamonds going down the sleeves of the jacket set in the dark blue. This way keeping the front and back seperate? Or maybe doing a braided border around bottom of facket with little chicken tracks.
Are you showing chickens for competition and want this jacket to wear or is the jacket to judged in a competition of some sort? If the jacket is to be judged, then what are the requirements of the competition? Without knowing any details of the competition how can we know if your jacket will help you to win?
Give us more details. We would love to help you.