Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

If there was a "slit your own throat smiley", I'd be using it now. I've tried to take pics of my problem, but please see if you can come up with any other solution other than what I think (removing an awful lot of quilting :cry: )

I had planned to quilt in the ditch around all the compasses, then the blue compasses are done in trapunto. The swirly motif is also done in trapunto and I stitched around it also. Now, the next step was to stipple around all of the compasses (both blue & the pieced) and around the swirly motif.

Problem- backing seems too full to me and I am afraid that I'll get puckering and folds in the backing fabric. I know its hard to tell how full it is...my crazy cat was helping me (giving me moral support).

If I try it out to see what happens,should I just start in the middle, then undo any quilting that doesn't allow the backing fabric to lay flat and repin that part or would starting in the middle and going out like that distort the quilt?

Ohhhhhh :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I just know you experts can help me....please????

The swirly motif
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5177[/ATTACH]

The trapunto on the blue blocks along with the trapunto on the swirly motif
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5346[/ATTACH]

A little full to do the stippling?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5177.jpe   attachment-5346.jpe   attachment-67641.jpe