View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM
IzzysGrammie

Default My Sister's Quilt finally finished!

Hi Everyone,
I know this isn't a traditional kind of quilt, but I used my two favorite kinds of patterns, Dresden and Applique. I call this 80" square quilt "Luanne's TippyCat" for my youngest sister, 54, who is fighting for her life right now. She was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer last May. It came back again, and this time, it returned with a vengence.

She has a Tuxedo cat that only loves her... not any other person on this planet can get within 4 feet of this feline, but that's a whole other story. My sister loves this cat and right now, what ever makes her happy, well, I love it too (even though I cannot pet the darn animal!).

As always, I am lurking and looking at all the beautiful things you ladies and gents are creating and sharing with everyone. You all keep me inspired to be better and better. Thank you for looking at "Luanne's TippyCat". Please keep my sister in prayers for a good, peaceful journey home.

Rebecca
Attached Thumbnails 10-2012-tippycat-quilt-001.jpg   10-2012-tippycat-quilt-003.jpg   10-2012-tippycat-quilt-002.jpg