View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:47 AM
azwendyg

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I wonder if I can sell this table and make my HQ Sixteen setup like yours?
I'm really happy with the built-in table I use for quilting big projects. I originally built it to hold my Juki TL 98 Q, then improvised a bit to fit the HQ Sixteen when I got it last year. I'd still like to make some changes to it but have been too busy quilting. I used a couple of solid core doors, some 2 x 4's, deck screws, paint and poly from Home Depot to build the table into an existing 5' wide dormer area in my studio (a.k.a. extra bedroom upstairs). One of the things I like most about my table is that it has walls on three sides so those big quilts don't slide off the edge when I'm working on them. If you have some basic woodworking skills and tools, or know someone who does, I'd be glad to take some more pics and send you details of how I put it all together. You just might motivate me to make the permanent upgrades to it I've been thinking about for my HQ Sixteen.

And I'm sure you could sell your table to someone else with a Sixteen or Sweet Sixteen. They are pretty pricey so you could probably buy the materials you'd need with what you could get for it.