Thread: Crazy Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
patricej
Administrator

that would work for a normal person. in fact it's an excellent way for a normal person to approach a crazy quilt and many other styles of scrap quilts. i mean that sincerely and wish i could do it that way.

but i would have a nervous breakdown if i used a system that didn't remove as much choice from the process as possible. i guarantee you ... within 5 minutes i'd be fishing through the sacks looking for something that coordinated better. random really is nearly impossible for me to create. i like it when i see it. i just can't do it myself. if i create something that appears random, you can bet your bottom dollar it took me hours of painstaking effort to carefully place and coordinate each and every element so it ended up appearing to be random.
the real irony here is that my house usually looks like a bomb just went off. go figure. :shock:

(go ahead. let it out. it's ok to laugh. i'll be laughing right along with you. not all the nuts in Georgia grow on trees.)

i'm going for the stack 'em, slash 'em, sew 'em & switch 'em method. (and i'm going to get somebody else to make the stacks and the first cuts so there's no goin' back.) it's my only hope. LOL