Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
lisae

Originally Posted by Yvonne
You have a strong point in regards to the photo taking. I hope I'm one of the considerate photographers. I wait my turn and often have pictures of peoples backs. I know there are some rude people out there but for every rude one I'm sure there are two polite ones. I have become very fast at taking my photos and very sneaky at times too!
One reason I find photo taking advantageous is that I can not stand or walk for long periods of time so once through the show is about all I get to do. By taking photos I am able to go home and enjoy the quilts again and appreciate all the wonderful stitching.
If they are selling photo CDs that's wonderful but I've seen that at only one show I've attended.
That's my case for photo taking.
Yvone, I'm glad you're fast when taking pictures and I understand why you would want to. You're right about the photo cds not always being available. I've seen them at larger shows, but not at smaller local shows. But for whatever reason, I haven't noticed photographers as much at local shows. Maybe the aisles are less crowded.

Last year, when I went to the Pacific International Show the vendor aisles were so crowded it was difficult to even walk through them. The aisles with quilts on display were also crowded. I took a long lunch and came back at about 3 pm, when the crowds thinned out.