View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
See where you are going with that TanyaL. So if I want to do the chickens, then I need to get the fancy elegant ones then spruce it up from there. Roberto Fabuloso, said the same thing as you. I need to think fancy roosters with great plume if I want to theme that jacket. he sent me a couple of photos of a beautiful jacket with a rooster on it, but had flowers spread across the jacket to add for elegance. It also had a wide bottom and is a fitted jacket. This gives me a direction. When I get some funds built up I am going to buy those roosters from nancy's notions and use those designs. Then I will also be looking for the fabric foundation color and florals to go with it to add into the jacket. i can do this. The quilting will probably be McTavishing so that way it is a firm fitting jacket and use wool for the batting. Wool is so fun to quilt on.
I think you will be fine as long as no one can look at it and say "cute". In art school, if anyone put cute on one of our projects we knew it was an automatic F. The jacket should shout "I cost several hundreds of dollars and was bought in Paris or Rome!"