Old 10-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Deborahlees

I can not tell you how easy it is to use the Elmers School Glue, you just drizzle it on, like thin icing onto a cake.....
I put pin a line in the center from left to right, fold back to this line....drizzle the glue about 12" down from center fold back line...I do big loop-de-loops (like a slinky) , then fold down the top, and smooth with your hands....wait a minute or two for the glue to grab, fold back the top to the bottom of your glue line and do all over again...when finished with one half, spin it around and do the other top half....when totally done with the top...walk away for like 30 minutes to allow the glue to start to set....Then turn it over and do the backing side....
By using this simple method I can get my top and backing as smooth as glass, NO WRINKLES now and done when you are done guilting....
Remember two things it has to be ELMERS SCHOOL GLUE, which totally washs out....and you do need to allow the glue to dry.....if you are in a major hurry you can hit it with a dry iron....or just allow to dry over night.