View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
jude by the sea

Well one more block to go and that will be this afternoon. I went with an "Asian" theme but didn't have any of the glorious Asian fabrics so I dug through my stash and found some fabrics that are floral and to me look a little Asian. I had a book "Jananese Quilt Blocks to mix and match" by Susan Briscoe. I believe the blocks in the book were for 9 1/2 or 10 inches.. I converted the blocks so mine came out 12 1/2 inches. I would prefer to put sashing in between the blocks but won't because I don't want to make it hard for any of you should you want to do one long block or whatever! My Asian theme could be with colors, blocks or anything you desire. Just have fun. I say that because I was having a hard time coming up with a theme and start stressing that I feel so new at this I almost pulled out then remembered was Lisa said, "just have fun." So I got back on the horse and went with it. I am still freaking a bit about adding to all of your pieces as I get them but the challenge will be fun and am nervously anxious to get all your pieces, if that makes sense!