Thread: Why Tri-flow?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:02 PM
ArchaicArcane

Hey Joe,

Yes, I've read Jenny's site, it's part of why I wanted it, and it's raved about here there and everywhere.
I sent off an email to triflow previously, no response yet

I'm definitely sold on the TriFlow oil. The biggest problem seems to be the grease. The Singer Grease is getting hard to find here. The Singer store closed down 2 weeks ago, I've actually been taking up a little bit of the slack among the people I know for servicing the machines, but I'm down to my last 1/16th of a tube. I can order it from the supplier I recently set up with, but it's the "in a pinch" moments where I'd like to have an option.

They used to carry tri-flow, but stopped. I hear that it was partly because the bottles were leaking on the shelves. They said they'd look at bringing it back. All they carry currently is the aerosol. I don't want to do that to a sewing machine.

Would you say that Tri-Flow is about the same viscosity as the Singer Lube? Heavier? Lighter? I'm thinking of picking up a tube of the Super Lube to see what it's like. If I hate it, I know DH can use it in the garage, but I'd love to know how it compares thickness wise to the Tri-Flow. They claim it stays put. I guess I'll be the judge of that.