Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Mizkaki

Dee,

There are a number of things that have to match up to make this work. The center of the HC must line up with the main shaft (if the handwheel is in alignment with this shaft). The HC body must be far enough away from the handwheel so as to not rub it. The handwheel must have spokes or be notched to take the finger of the HC. The usual method of securing the HC to the body of the machine is to bolt through the motor boss, with the ridges of the boss keeping the HC from twisting side to side (and it will twist if not secure). There are probably a few other things that I not thinking of right now.
Having said all of that, if an adaptor was made to bolt securely to the machine body and the HC was secured to the adaptor, and the spacing from HC to handwheel was proper (possibly adjustable with the adaptor thickness), then it may work.
I once saw a setup like I described done to allow a class 31 Singer be handcranked. Why someone wanted to do that I don't know, but it did work.

Cathy

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Cathy I was afraid you were going to say that, if I were to bore another hole could I make it work?