View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Yep.
The book doesn't really have any quilting instructions.

It just contains a color (fabric) picture of each block along with an outline drawing showing all the different patches (no seam allowances included).
Oh, and Brenda's treacly (semi-coherent) ramblings to a dead woman.

You decide on the piecing method.
So you have to trace (mylar, freezer paper, vellum) the pieces or block, depending on if you want to foundation piece, rotary cut, applique, reverse applique, etc.

Instead of buying the book, you might consider getting the (stand alone) software
http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Quilt-Companys-Design-Software/dp/B002XNWLJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=135121790

FYI - if you buy a used copy, there are NO issues as far as installing the software, even if it was previously registered.

Gives you many more options for printing.
I have the book (Amazon.com-slightly used/no prob) and also invested in the EQ DJ software as I had decided after getting the book that I wanted the make those squares at 6". The software is great as far as adjusting the size and also gives you the choices of template, paper piecing, applique printouts.......has really helped to clarify some of those blocks.....btw, I started out gung ho, but now it is getting nearer to the UFO stack............