View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:36 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
I too do not have room for a big quilting frame. nor the money to pay for it....so when a 50% off coupon was available at JoAnns, I took it in and got the plastic frame they had. I know it looks like a lot of PVC piping, but for $50. I could not make one myself. It does take a bit to move my quilt around on it, (not really that much) but it is so much easier than the hoop someone let me borrow and when I am done, I just put it back in the box. So I am a happy camper..
I have the pvc quilting frame-have had it for many years-I also purchased and extension for it to make it a bit longer and riser to give it the angle like the large frames have. I have hand quilted several quilts on it and love it........but now it is taken apart and stored in corner of quiltcave.......work with a L/A now, but when I want to hand quilt-it can easily be put back together and used....an excellent investment.......and my GO and dies are great too......one has to shop around for good prices for the dies.....if done right, very very little fabric waste...and gives one pieces to work with almost instantly rather than fabric folded "waiting" to be made into something....to each his own........