View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:54 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
I have had two clones and I loved them both for many reasons. The first one I bought was a Green Ambassador. I have seen green clones here and Ambassadors too but not a green Ambassador. I found it at an Estate sale and got it for less than the $10 asking price. It needed nothing but oil. The second machine was a blue Universal. I did sell the blue one. Both sewed beautifully and were/are great machines. I have been fixing machines ever since I had such a positive experience working on the Ambassador. I have restored, refurbished and repaired about 50 machines of all makes and types now and Clones as a group are still my favorite for their simplicity, durability, reliability and ease of use. The fact that they lay down such a nice stitch and are very reasonably priced helps too. But I just love the colors they came in.
I agree. The clones are still one of my favorites... I really like that green one. Have you seen any with out any name? I have two with no names. Both black and have the same decorating - just nothing on them to identify.