Old 10-26-2012, 12:21 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

So true, JeanieG; our landline is just so we can fax papers to business or insurance companies. No phone hooked up it it, so when the marketeers or survey persons call, it will ring twice and go to the fax directly. If get too wise that way, I will remove the papers from the tray.

Honchey, do take care. Go to emergency shelters, if they recommend it. Rain continues all around us, but not here.

QuiltE, the turkeys are indeed grown up, the hens each weight more than 15 pounds, and the Toms will all top the scales from 28 to 35 pounds. Pullets are beginning to lay, which means we are getting the tiny little brown eggs... and once in a while a large one. But top for one day has been 7 out of the 23 pullets...mostly its about four eggs a day.

I was at the right place yesterday, to be blessed with fresh tomatoes...FREE...canned 14 quarts today and have a bunch in the refrigerator ... and in the Island sink the latter will ripen there. Also shared the blessings with a couple of families. Beautiful tomatoes. Our roses are still blooming strong, but tonight it is to drop to 25. Had picked up fryers yesterday for 79 cents a pound, so chose three over 6 pounds each that are in the freezer today. Dh is lamenting the freezer will not reduce itself to hold a turkey or two unless I stop buying. They will can just fine.