View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
quiltjoey

I shop Goodwills, other junk stores, used book stores, and the Kidney Foundation Community Thrift Store. The "kidney" store has the best buys of all. I recently bought 3 book cases with beautiful finishes (each 35" wide with deep shelves, about 6' tall). One of them has doors in the middle where I am going to put my TV. I paid $85 dollars for all 3 and I couldn't have bought one for nearly that. I bought a almost new 21-speed, aluminum bicycle for $70 for my son. I have wanted an cotton eyelet blouse which I couldn't find in a store but the other day in the junk store I found 2 new cotton eyelet curtains of good quality. The material will make a perfect summer blouse for our hot weather. I have bought a microwave, diamond (real) heart-shaped pendant on a 14k gold chain, small Singer machine kinda like a Spartan or 99, scissors, T-square, material (cotton, wool,) thread, Cuisinart bean grinding coffee maker ($2.99) and the list could go on an on... I try to only buy something if it's needed and not just wanted anymore and I also think of where I will put it in my house or am I going to use it now. You can find things if you take you time and look and not just run in an out like I did when I worked. Now I am retired so it's a lot more fun but I have less cash flow...