Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 AM
asimplelife

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I was searching the internet, looking at books, going through my fat qtrs, trying to decide what to make, when I noticed my pile of scraps from my very last project. I have decided to make a string block quilt, to clean out my mess, I may donate this one. I started cutting up my scraps and to my surprise there is quite a bit and once you cut them into 2 1/2 strips they are also more organised and easier to imaige a quilt being made from them. My husband said I really should do that when more of my scrap bins...they are becoming unruly. I was just going to cut them into shapes and strips, but so glad I have decided to use them right away. So happy quilting everyone...stay safe during the storm.
I love using 2.5 strips and it seems there are endless quilts to be made using them! Not to mention scrappy binding. I've got three UFOs in the binding stage, two that will be machine sewn and one that I'm 50% done with the handsewing. My dd, boyfriend and grand cats are coming for the weekend so looking forward to that.