View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:47 AM
ptquilts

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
My first Rowenta work great for about 2 months. It was over $100. It started steaming so heavy no matter what the setting I had to wipe up puddles under my ironing board. I took it back to Bed BAth and Beyond. The manager gave me the next better model iron fro no more money. When it was about 1 1/2 years old it started leaking like crazy and smelling hot. I quit using it because of the leaking and smell. I emailed Rowenta and they wouldn't do anything. They just told me it was out of warranty and I was SOL. I even contacted a supposed manager same response. I will never, ever buy another Rowenta iron as long as I live. I wouldn't even take one for free. I would be afraid to use it.
When I get a negative response from CS, like "sorry, warranty ran out" -- I send a snail mail letter to the president of the company. Last one I did was on a B&D string trimmer that quit working within a week of the end of warranty. I basically said, Is this the kind of quality I can expect from B&D? And told them I had always had good luck with their tools in the past, but was re-thinking my brand loyalty.

Got a new one via UPS in a few weeks.

Trust me, it works. At the executive level, they are very interested in the company's reputation.