View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 05:46 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Threads 77 View Post
Found this thread that is nice to learn from. I have an older HUs. Viking Designer 1. Have done a number of quilt blocks etc. Didn't get a dongle with it but will hope I can find one to work with the machine. One person told me that some dongles will only work with the machiine it came with..anyone know if this is true?
For Vikings, the dongle is only used for software not the machine. I'm not sure what version of software yours came with if any but they come with now 5D organizer which doesn't require a dongle to use. Once you get any of the versions of 5D suites like I have 5D Pro then you use a dongle; it tells the pc what version of software you own plus if you have added any extras like CardShop.

If you are just talking about the USB; then you are in luck. The USB is where you can save designs too and then take them to your machine and either download them onto your machine (depending on machine) or just use the design from the USB. I just learned that you can use any USB as long as it isn't too large or too full. Mine came with a 1G usb but I have started using a 4G usb, not because I need the extra storage just so that I can stash mine away so that if I trade in my machine I don't have to worry about it being lost or something. I did have the Ruby for a yr and loved the machine and just traded it in for the Diamond Deluxe.