Old 10-27-2012, 07:40 AM
irishrose

My JoAnn's hasn't got that memo yet. I took a batik to the counter and asked for a yard. There was a about a yard and a half on the bolt. The cutter charged me for 1/2 yard and took 50% off the last yard. She shouldn't have, but I didn't argue. I saw the other cutter offering the discount, too. I've heard a rumor that we are getting our JoAnn's back. It would be nice not to have travel 50 miles just to go there. Charging for an inch is ridiculous unless the customer asked for an inch of fabric. An inch for color matching was free when I was working at JoAnn's, but I didn't let my cutters cut less than 2" for an order. We were willing to cut whatever was needed. The only aggravation was the customer who came to the cutting table at 8:55 with 20 bolts of fabric and wanted 1/4 yard of each. That is so rude, IMO.

I ran the roads yesterday and then cooked a big dinner for my grandsons. I didn't stay within my calorie limit, so today is a light day. I have enough work to keep me out of the kitchen. Back to FMQ, then I have a big bag of cleaned jewelry to price for the bazaar, after I vacuum and sweep. It amazing how much size 12 tennis shoes can track in. I picked up a skirt at a resale store that has to be 300 inches around the bottom. How long will it take to press it?

Off to get started. I'll check in later. I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy