View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Bataplai

Default Hello from Pacific NW!

I've been lurking on the site now and again for a while, joined recently and now I'm visiting here everyday, so I thought it was time to say hello to you all.

This is such a talented group of people; I look forward to seeing your projects, hearing about your challenges and triumphs. I have much to learn as I've only been quilting for about a year. I recently converted a home office to a sewing room and now spend as much time as possible in my little slice of paradise.

I love piecing and applique. I want to learn free motion quilting, and get better at basting the layers. I'm anxious to learn new techniques and patterns as well. Someday I will get brave enough for circles, waves and scalloped edges.

I currently use a Brother machine from Costco, and I'm saving for a new machine. So far I'm leaning towards the Viking Sapphine 875Q, though Pfaff and Elna are also on the list.

Besides sewing and quilting I enjoy cooking, reading and camping. I moved to Western Washington from Arizona 5.5 years ago and love it here. I'm happily married and we have 2 border collies.

I look forward to getting to know you all, learning from you and sharing tips/tricks/ideas.