Old 10-27-2012, 08:38 PM
kiffie2413

Okay, I saw this thread...thought, nope, you better get to all the other stuff you have started, etc...then I thought, I will just glance at this thread...then I found myself reading through it all the way, and so here I am signing up!!! I was a very sporadic mostly self taught (excluding the little bit my grandma showed me waaaay back when I was a young girl) hand quilter until about 2 years ago when I happened upon a great lqs with a fab group of gals...they all machine quilt, and while they "ribbed" me about doing everything by hand, they were very accepting...long story short, I started doing some machine quilting, and love it, too...the only thing I am noticing is I "chicken out" when it comes to fmq...I have a great machine, a machine quilt frame (that dh set up for me and I still haven't used ). I have done some fmq on some 12-15 inch squares, but when it comes to anything larger I either do outline straight quilting, or I revert back to my hand quilting...so, this may be just the "kick in the pants" I need to actually do the fmq!! Sorry for the long post..but honest confession is good for the soul!
Kif