View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:16 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by gmronnie View Post
Did you buy your 4GB USB stich from husqvarna. I was told only one purchased from Viking would work. Also do know how much the 5D embroidery cost.
I orginally thougth that as well. But I'm taking classes for the 5D pro and we were told that we could use ours, I think it might have to be the png (think that's it, I'll check when I go get mine). I since then started saving my files to my own instead of the one that came with my machine and have had no problem. The machines come with 1G and I've heard it was expensive and you can pick up usb units cheap. I know that when I trade this in many yrs from now they'll want the one that came with the machine so I've stored it away for safe keeping. It wont hurt to try. Save some files to a USB and then take that to your machine and pull them up. I was so happy when our Viking teacher told us this. It'd would be great if the dongle could be done the same way but without the dongle that comes with the purchased software you can't use anything except for the organizer. let me know if I can help in any ways or if you need a question answered and I don't know it I can ask my teacher. I normally see her every week. Well, with the storm not sure if there will be a class tomorrow or not.