View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 AM
kateyb

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
What a great start indeed! I just hate to be a whiner, but I can never get past first base when I begin to organize. I know two of my problems -1) the room is multi purposed (two hobbies and home office all in one) and only 12 x 12; and 2) have a hard time parting with "stuff." I've already donated ALL of my yarn so that's gone. Also have donated all non-cotton fabrics (ouch!). But that's as far as it's gotten. I'll begin to purge an area, get bogged down and give up. I don't know the answer except to hire a professional, but that is out of the question. A couple of friends have offered to help but I know that they "get rid of stuff" -- Yikes! So I wallow in piles and piles of organized disorganization.
The easiest way for me is to start in one corner and work for 30 - 60 minutes at a time, one or two days a week until I am done. Have boxes for give- away, sell, and "place somewhere else". Be sure to have a large bag handy for throw-away. Periodically check the "place somewhere else" box as you go along to be sure you have the right amount of space for it in its new home. It helps to put like things together for later use. For instance, I helped a friend organize her sewing space after a move. She does mostly scrap quilts but she also repairs vintage quilts so her vintage material was put in a seperate area away from her other fabrics. Good luck.