View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Daylesewblessed

Default Alert on Pocket Pack Tissue Prices!

So many of us have been making individual tissue covers with the instructions from this post: http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...r-t107636.html. I volunteered to do 100 of them for the pre-school teachers at our church school. Then I discovered the going rate for tissues to put in them was not cheap.

After shopping around, the best I could do on Kleenex brand packages of 8 pocket packets was $2.19 at Dollar General. I had remembered seeing some generic packages a few years ago at Staples. I checked last week and didn't see them, but today I spotted a barrel in the aisle by the regular facial tissues and paper towels. Each packet was priced at 19 cents each, but if you bought 10 of them, they were only 10 cents each!

The brand name is "Home Select". There are 10 tissues in each packet and they are 3-ply. That compares to the Kleenex brand. The packet is a little skinnier than the Kleenex packet, but it is also seems to be a little thicker, so it fits into the tissue covers made from the pattern posted on the board. Dimensions of each tissue are 7.9 x 8.1 inches, whereas Kleenex dimensions are 8.6 x 8.3 inches.

I have no idea if this brand is available nationally at all Staples or if it is some kind of "special purchase". I am very glad to have come upon it, since it made the cost of my project manageable.

End of my consumer report!

Dayle