View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 PM
nlpakk

Originally Posted by phranny View Post
I've spent the past month sprucing up the basement so I could have a place to "spread out" and be creative. Today I finished doing alterations on the last wedding dress I will ever do, and my treat was to go downstairs and sew! After two hours into the evening, my neck is stiff, and I feel a coldness in my back. If I am going to enjoy this little hideway, I am going to need an alternate heat source! What kind of portable heater should I be looking for? There is no place for a woodfired stove ( would love one).The gas furnace heats the upstairs, and I get a trickle of heat in my new room.

Anyone else sew downstairs where it's cool? What do you use?
I sew out in my husband's shop as we live in a smaller, older mobile home and there is no room for my sewing. The heat is in the floor which helps and my feet are warm but my hands get cold so I have been using a small electric cube heater and I put it on the desk near me but of course you have to be careful and keep it away from your fabric so that's not really the best option. My other alternate heat source is an oil filled electric heater which works wonderful and I probably use that more now. Good luck!