Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
nancia

i will feverishly work to finish quilting my dgd's first quilt. it's kinda late, but.... we are hoping to be able to fly to dallas from philly on wednesday, naturally the expected worst day. (dirty words, dirty words, dirty words!) my dh has a conference in dallas, so not life or death , but i really wanted to see my dgd and my beautiful dd who just got her braces off and will be celebrating her 26th b'day. naturally, i didn't send her prezzies. i have a treadle but it has sat for many, many years and i wouldn't know where to start to get it running. i do have lots of handwork i can do.......in the dark, lol! we have lots of blankets and furbodies for warmth, so guess we'll be ok. dh said w/m was out of canned pasta-- and i was sooo looking forward to cold spaghetti-os, lol. maybe i'll have time to pick fabrics and cut for the boom i'm in. my dh is all in favor of my shopping my stash! why is it there is never just the right fabric and i end up buying more fabric? why do i have a stash? and will i ever get to the boxes of grouped fabrics for quilts? who knows??
y'all stay safe! we're doing our best. if they say leave, for goodness sake, GO! drowned people don't quilt! seriously, please, get out while the getting is good!!